Saturday, March 30, 2013

Natcon: End of day 2

Day 2 and I had almost no sleep. Insane insomnia. Coffee and toast and ready to go.

Round 4
Mark Stilton (VC) 10-10 Meeting Engagement. Mark was a very polite and confident player. For the whole game I threw chaff under his Giant Nightmare Collossus and ended up purple sunning his BSB and black knights, churning through his Ghouls with my 'letters.

Photo by Mike King
Photo by Mike King
Photo by Mike King
Round 5
The Amicable Simon. Photo by Me.


Photo By Me
Simon Schwitzer (Dwarfs) 16-4 Blood Glory. All fun and games and lots of laughter for first 3 turns and then we got down and dirty and it got intense for 3 turns. It ended in a Massive combat in the centre of the field with lots of flanking and chargers. Dwarf hordes with great weapons hit very bloody hard. You got to kill a lot of them before they can hit back. Simon hates my dice but it was one of my most fun games of the weekend. Highlight of the game was purple sunning my own mage after getting a flank shot on Simon's neatly lined up army.
The Dorf Gunline before my charge. Note the casualties in my second unit of Bloodletters Photo by Mike King
Charge! Photo by Mike King

Getting down and dirty. Lots and lots of flank Charges. Photo by Mike King

...and not so many Dwarfs now. Photo by Mike King


Round 6
Jeff Kent (Lizardmen) 16-4 Battle for the Pass. Oh Shit, lizard on a long table edge. It turned out to a massive bonus for me. My Bloodcrusher brought home the bacon andcapitlisaed on Jeff confusing himself on flee reactions and me actually making some of the chargers. His 2nd Slann dimensional cascaded himself on first turn and his other Slaan tried to purple sun me a couple of times. I got tied up a bit with one unit With all of his shooting and fleeing and movement so we only got 4 turns in and I probably would have gone close to tabling if we got to the end of 6th.

Photo by Me.
Photo by Mike King

Photo by Mike King


Photo by Mike King

Bloodcrusher on 1 wound dealing to some skinks. Photo by Mike King

Bloodcrusher 1 and 2 charging in. Photo by Mike King

Bloodcrusher Single handedly taking on all of Jeff's Skinks. Photo by Mike King

Round 7


Table


1
Sam Whitt
Hamish Gordon
2
Neil Williamson
Bo Paterson
3
Simon Switzer
Aaron Hodson
4
James Millington
Mark Skilton
5
Darren Smucar
Fern Campbell
6
Charlie Lloyd
Joel McNelly
7
Mal Patel
Samuel Campbell
8
Nicholas Jebson
Brendon Johnston
9
Jeff Kent
Stuart Robinson

Below are the current standings

Player Name
Total
Mal Patel
81
Samuel Campbell
81
Sam Whitt
80
Jeff Kent
74
Hamish Gordon
73
Stuart Robinson
73
Simon Switzer
72
Mark Skilton
68
Aaron Hodson
63
James Millington
59
Nicholas Jebson
57
Neil Williamson
55
Bo Paterson
51
Brendon Johnston
50
Charlie Lloyd
42
Darren Smucar
41
Joel McNelly
28
Fern Campbell
12

4 comments:

  1. Hey mate, nice pictures and I totally agree you would've probably tabled me with another 30-45 minutes of play. Was a good learning experience for myself with a scenario I'll have to get to grips with.

    I totally get the insomnia thing at tournaments and if you find a fix please do share.

    Congrats on the 3rd as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff, it was a very enjoyable game against a totally different army than I'm used to playing.

    I'd forgotten about tournament insomnia and so wasn't prepared for it. I am still recovering from the brutalising ravages of the mind from the weekend. I tend to focus on my game and it drains. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are in Kapiti right? I might be keen to come down one weekend to get some more games in.

      The insomnia thing is nuts, I couldn't sleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about the last two turns of my final game and if there was anyway to prevent a panic test on my Slann.

      I may have wargaming PTSD?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, we're in Kapiti, I can have two tables up and running at my place with full scenery on a weekend with a couple of others you met from the tournament. Usually Nick, Hamish and Fern.

      As to the club Hamish, Nick, Fern and I meet from about 6:30 on thursday nights at Kapiti wargaming club and even Sam W is coming down on every other week.

      Definately PTSD (Post Tournament Stress Disorder). I like the term not the effects.

      Delete